Saturday, December 3, 2011

Facetious, Enchanting, Witty, Sarcastic

Starting a blog is something I've wanted to do for some time, but could not figure out a good topic.  Each time I would think of a genre of blog, I would find one already being written that I loved.  So then I thought, how do people find blogs?  I've just found them using Facebook or randomly clicking through the cyber-world.  At first I thought, who cares?  Then I realized that people care, for the same reason I care, because it is interesting to get a glimpse into the lives of others or find new people, places or things to love.  There is nothing about the blogs that I read that is similar, sure some of them have some over lap, but others have nothing in common.  Yet I find things on these blogs that are new and refreshing thoughts or products. 

I've used Facebook and email to share these ideas and blogs with friends.  While I don't always have time to read my favorite blogs daily and I'm sure neither do my friends, I thought if I post highlights, then people can get a cliff notes of the best posts I've read each week.  Also I figured I might throw in some of my own favorite things from time to time. 

I found this whimsical blog template from one of my favorite blogs:  Monograms and Martinis: The Adventures of KGB.  I met KGB when I lived in NYC.  She has an obsession for anything monogrammed and preppy. 



Also because it is the holidays I thought I would share my favorite card/stationary designer:  KOCO New York and the fantastic e-card site koco new york ecards!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie - So exciting that you started a blog! Thanks for mentioning me and my blog - so nice of you! I look forward to following along to your blog! --KGB

    ReplyDelete